A friend forwarded ‘A companion Animals Ten Commandments’ to me recently, I thought I’d share it. It’s June, it’s hot and just as we strive to keep our human selves cool…we need to remember our furry friends need the same consideration.
As the July 4th is close I want to remind everyone that our furry friends don’t like fire crackers; and in Colorado, the fire danger is so very great I encourage everyone to find a peaceful way to celebrate!
- My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any Separation from you is likely to be painful.
- Give me time to understand what you want of me.
- Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
- Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
- Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking.
- Be aware that however you treat me, i will never forget it.
- Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, i choose not not to bite you.
- Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
- Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
- On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.